JASON T KRUSE
Pasadena, Ca 91106 ▪ (714) 469-8696
Illustration ▪ Character Design ▪ Storyboards ▪ Product Design ▪ Animation
Video Games ▪ Films ▪ Comic Books ▪ TV Adaptations
Experienced artist, illustrator, and designer in the television, film and video game industries. Three-time award-nominated comic book illustrator (Eisner Award, Harvey Award and Comics Buyers Guide) seeking new opportunities.
STORYBOARD ARTIST, North Hollywood, Ca 2019—Present
▪ Currently creating storyboards at Bento Box Entertainment for Amy Poehler's upcoming animated
▪ Working in Storyboard Pro
FREELANCE ILLUSTRATOR, Pasadena, Ca 2015—Present
▪ Currently creating product designs to be used on decorative wristbands for Zox
▪ Created various character designs for “CryptoKitties” collectible BlockChain game
▪ Created illustrations for “goTRG.com” website
▪ Created various character designs for Emerald Create utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator based on 3D models for an upcoming animated film in the Chinese market.
AGE OF LEARNING, INC., Glendale, Ca 2018—2019
▪ Created various mini-game, educational assets utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
WILDWORKS, Salt Lake City, UT 2015—2017
▪ Illustrated characters, crafts and activities for kids at Wildworks for the online game "Animal Jam" and the mobile game, "Play Wild".
▪ Responsible for creating many of the game's advertising campaigns including seasonal as well as holiday banners, spot illustrations, and "Look of the Week" characters based on children's in-game avatars.
▪ Worked almost exclusively in Adobe Illustrator
YEN PRESS AND COOKIE JAR PRODUCTIONS , Various Locations 2003—2009
Graphic Novel & Animated Program Creator, Creative Consultant & Screenwriter
▪ I created the television show "World of Quest" which is based on my graphic novel of the same name, published by Yen Press. It aired for one season in the United States and a second season in over 87 different countries.
▪ Wrote, penciled and inked "The World of Quest" graphic novels, volumes 1 and 2, published by Yen Press.
California Institute of the Arts – Candidate, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Character Animation
Ohio University, Bachelor of Science in Communications
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
▪ Eisner Award Nominee, 2010—Best Children’s Publication: “Scratch9”, written by Rob M Worley, illustrated by Jason T Kruse, published by Ape Entertainment
▪ Comics Buyers Guide Awards Nominee, 2010—Best Cover Artist, “Scratch9”
▪ Harvey Award Nominee, 2008—Best Artist, Best Graphic Album, “The World of Quest: Volume 2”, published by Yen Press
Modeling, Rigging and Skinning
(*3d Studio Max only*)
Cats and Dogs
Adobe After Effects
3-D Studio Max
Book of Ashes
Ratatouille: Food Frenzy
Master of Orion 3
AMF Extreme Bowling
Star Trek: Tactical Assault
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos